Friday, September 30, 2005

Opening Night Party (cont.)

I should mention that in between Andrea picture-taking and us leaving, two other things happened that I failed to write about.

First of all, Brent passed out in his bedroom shortly after speaking with Andrea and Diana. Apparently, Diana was in and out of his room all night, presumably looking after him. So, that's why Brent disappeared for the rest of the night.

Second of all, after singing "Imagine" with a few others on the piano, I went upstairs and decided to take a breather on the balcony. Andrea, Anna, and Ryan (redhead) were already out there. They were talking about love, relationships, and gloom and doom. The three of them, especially Anna and Ryan, were lamenting about their problems and let-downs about relationships and their failures at finding love. They talked about the fact that they wore their hearts on their sleeves. They said that they always fell for people so hard, and then they would end up getting hurt so easily because of their vulnerability. Anna and Ryan were talking about the same thing -- they were sick of the whole hunt. I was surprised when Ryan told me that he wanted to skip ten years ahead and be married. He said he hated looking; he wants the security and comfort of knowing someone is there. Anna just said that nothing was happening the way she wanted it to (in terms of relationships). It was an interesting conversation. Of couse, I complained about someone who will remain unnamed smelling too much, but that didn't last very long.
Mid-way through the conversation, negative Chris comes out. He has just recently found himself a girlfriend. I wager that relationship won't last long, but he comes out on the balcony and announces (after learning what we were talking about) that he has found "the one". He was a lonely little bugger for awhile, so now that he finally has a girlfriend, he has to make sure that everyone knows. I don't know if it's just me, but it's not something that was quite à propos to this conversation. Besides, he said it in a too-bad-you-haven't-found-your-person-yet-because-I-have way. I got a little annoyed with him, so I said loudly,
"Don't you think you're being a little naïve?"

He looks at me with these huge eyes and whispers "oh no, I know" as condescendingly as he possibly can.

I decide to ignore Chris and talk with Anna. It's not that I don't like the dude; it's just sometimes he's too negative or too self-righteous.

Oh, how I love those who think they are above everyone and everything, don't you?

No comments: