Friday, September 19, 2008

Spreewald Gurken

For those familiar with the film, Goodbye Lenin, I have some exciting news: I bought my first Spreewald Gurken last week! Königs Wusterhausen is very close to the Spreewald and hosts a variety of meats and pickles from that area. At the market today, I replenished my Spreewald Gurken stock (I've taken a liking to the garlic flavoured ones).

I don't think I've ever been quite so excited about pickles before.

In other news, I faxed off my voter's registration form to Elections Canada today, so that I can vote. As soon as they receive my fax, they send me a special ballot to fill out. Once I receive it, I fill it out and send it back. Unfortunately, filling it out is my only option in this so-called democratic country, as eating the ballot would constitute a serious breach of the Canada Elections Act. http://www.elections.ca/content.asp?section=faq&document=faqvoting&lang=e&textonly=false#voting20

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alanna:

hilarious. do you have to submit your ballot by a specific date? can you not vote at the embassy?