Friday, August 10, 2007

Cat Calamity

I am sitting on the piano bench in mid-practice when our cat lets out this painful wail. I always know by the sound of this wail that she is about to upchuck. My mother is at the computer and asks the cat, "Aww, what is it, Courtney?"

"Mom, she's about to throw up."

Mom decides that the best move would be to pick up the cat and chuck it outside. Of course, she does not realize that the cat is already at the point of no return - once she utters the wail, it is mere seconds before the first retch.

So, she picks up the cat, and I hear a sickening ssplatt of vomit hitting the floor. Yes, mother, the very best thing to do with a on-the-verge-of-throwing-up-cat is to pick it up by its stomach.

Of course, no sooner that the vomit has hit the floor that I am out of the house. I sit on the front steps and quietly wait (after doing my own bit of grossed out wailings) for the vomit to magically disappear and for things to return back to normal.

Mom is now encouraged to buy "hairball control" cat food.

No comments: